Business Innovation and Enterprise Architecture
Business Innovation requires the input of successful implementation of Enterprise Architecture. Giving discipline to IT Governance is the path to achieve the goal of Enterprise Architecture.
Strategy Management is the beginning of Enterprise Architecture. Strategy Management is about creating competitive advantages for the company. IT organization unit should be seen equally as the other business units so that the IT Governance can be performed effectively to steer the Enterprise Architecture implementation processes.
Today’s business requires continuous innovation to preserve the competitive advantages of the company.
Business innovation is not out of the thin air. It relies on the favorable business strategies, synergy of the organization, business engineering, and favorable information technologies. The biggest challenge is to locate the balance of the involved contexts and elements in the business and make them work effectively and efficiently.
People’s discipline and Enterprise Architect are the enablers to empower the ability to trigger business innovations. Generally speaking, Enterprise Architecture involves the following domains:
- Business Architecture
- Information Architecture
- Data Architecture
- Infrastructure Architecture
- IT Governance
There are several tools can help us :
- Enterprise Architect Methodology: TOGAF and Zachman
- IT Governance: COBIT
- IT Service Management: ITIL
- Project Management Methodology: PRINCE2, SCRUM, and other Agile software development methodologies
- Business Description Languages: ArchiMate, BPMN, UML
The Critical Success Factors to achieve the Business Innovation and implement Enterprise Architecture are as followed :
- People: finding the right people with the right competence and knowledge.
- Process: giving discipline to certain IT governance and service operation framework.
- Technology: implementing appropriate IT technologies to support business decisions and processes.
We believe in the importance of Enterprise Architecture and will be glad to assist you to shape today’s business.